PawnShop75
New Member
Hello everyone, long story short, I'm making a lil' fan film based in one of my favorite video game franchises and ever since I tried it earlier this year, I've been a diehard Resolve fan. However, when exporting our trailer, I noticed some interesting technical problems I had not previously considered.
Basically, when watching the project in the viewport, there are no problems to be found. However, when exported (using the "YouTube 2160p" preset), I have seen some strange interpolations: sometimes when our stopmotion effect (created by loads of JPGs placed together in a slideshow fashion) has lots of images close to one another. The entire project's interpolation setting is set to "nearest," which as far as I know should disable all interpolation.
However, something stranger happened. When we made our release date trailer, the interpolation spread to the text boxes we use to communicate our dialogue (no VAs)! However, this might be an error on my part, however. I exported our project first, and then opened another project, cut the film's export up, and re-exported to make the trailer. I feel like this might have been a problem normally, but I can't seem to find any examples that aren't in the trailer export. The GIFs in question are 50fps, and our timeline is 24fps. That didn't seem like a problem to me at the time, especially since they worked completely as I would expect while editing.
I would post links, but unfortunately, I can't due to this being a new account.
If you need any extra information, I'll provide, I was trying to keep this as concise as possible but also a comprehensive overview of the issue. Thanks in advance!
Basically, when watching the project in the viewport, there are no problems to be found. However, when exported (using the "YouTube 2160p" preset), I have seen some strange interpolations: sometimes when our stopmotion effect (created by loads of JPGs placed together in a slideshow fashion) has lots of images close to one another. The entire project's interpolation setting is set to "nearest," which as far as I know should disable all interpolation.
However, something stranger happened. When we made our release date trailer, the interpolation spread to the text boxes we use to communicate our dialogue (no VAs)! However, this might be an error on my part, however. I exported our project first, and then opened another project, cut the film's export up, and re-exported to make the trailer. I feel like this might have been a problem normally, but I can't seem to find any examples that aren't in the trailer export. The GIFs in question are 50fps, and our timeline is 24fps. That didn't seem like a problem to me at the time, especially since they worked completely as I would expect while editing.
I would post links, but unfortunately, I can't due to this being a new account.
If you need any extra information, I'll provide, I was trying to keep this as concise as possible but also a comprehensive overview of the issue. Thanks in advance!