DaVinci Resolve Forum

Register for a free account now!
This is the place to discus everything about the free video editing software DaVinci Resolve. Members help other members. Reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Is my PC ok?

These are the minimum system req's listed on DVR's website:

Minimum system requirements for Windows​

• Windows 10 Creators Update.
  • 16 GB of system memory. 32 GB when using Fusion.
  • Blackmagic Design Desktop Video 12.9 or later.
  • Integrated GPU or discrete GPU with at least 2 GB of VRAM.
  • GPU which supports OpenCL 1.2 or CUDA 12.
  • AMD/Intel Driver – as required by your GPU manufacturer.
  • NVIDIA Driver – Studio driver 550.58 or newer.

Minimum system requirements for Windows for Arm​

• Windows 11 for ARM.
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon X Elite series processor.
  • Recommended: 16 GB of system memory. 32 GB for 4K or Fusion use.
Source:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

That's for DVR 19 Beta 5

You also might want to check out this thread posted by Dirk with a video about best PC specs for DVR and some more info in the thread.

Hope that at least can be a starting point for you, I'm not a PC user so I'm not the most informed in that area.

Just the other day I downloaded for the first time da Vinci Resolve version 19. What I’m interested in doing is synchronizing the audio recorded with my zoom H5 with the audio and video of my iPhone 13. In your list of necessary computer components, do I need “
  • Blackmagic Design Desktop Video 12.9 or later.
???
Thanks for your help Oldschool47…Tom

It looks like you'd only need that if you use an external monitor connected with something called an SDI cable, if you're just using HDMI then I think you're fine without that. (
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
)

I hope my post in your other thread helped. What kind of PC do you have and what are the specs? Unless it's a really basic model I think you should be fine with your intended purposes. Again I'm not the PC expert here but I'll try to help as best as I can.

Back